- 30 large fresh mint leaves
- 4 thick slices fresh watermelon, seeds and rind removed
- 10 ounces Veleiro Blanco or Anejo
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves you can add a little sugar to help break up the leaves and get the oils from the mint extracted.
- Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Place the watermelon, rum, simple syrup and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir to get the froth to go down.
- Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher and add in the watermelon mixture. Stir to combine the mint with the juice.
Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and spears of watermelon.