Veleiro Rumhattan Cocktail
This drink from Zak Doy of Toronto’s Rush Lane & Co. enlists the help of a maple plank for smoking the inside of a glass (and reinforces Canadian pride, of course). We should really call it the Veleiro Canadian Pride.
- 1 Maple plank
- 2 oz Veleiro Anejo ( or Veleiro Reserva Especial)
- 3⁄4oz Bénédictine
- 3⁄4oz Fernet-Branca
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6
- 1 dash Smoked mezcal bitters
- Glass: Rocks
- Char the maple plank with the flame from a blowtorch,
- Then cover the smoking surface with the glass so the smoke coats the inside of the glass with the maple aromatic.
- Add all of ingredients to the smoked glass with one large ice cube, and stir to combine.