Veleiro Old Dominican
- 1 1/2 oz Veleiro Anejo or Reserva Especial aged rum
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 oz sparkling wine
- 6 mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- Add the mint leaves and simple syrup to the bottom of your mixing glass.
- Lightly muddle the mint in the simple syrup.
- Add the lime juice, bitters and rum.
- Fill with ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a couple fresh mint leaves.
Inspired by the Old Cuban rum cocktail.