Veleiro Classic Mai Tai
This iconic tiki drink is meant to highlight the rum, rather than syrups and juices. Enjoy with Veleiro Blanco and Anejo
- 1 oz Veleiro Anejo
- 1 oz Veleiro Blanco
- 1/2 oz orange curacao
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz orgeat (pronounced “or-zsa)
- 1/4 oz rich simple syrup (2:1 sugar to water)
- crushed ice
- mint sprig for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker full of crushed ice and shake for 10 seconds, until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
- Pour the entire contents of the shaker (don’t strain) into a double old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy!
Note Orgeat (pronounced “or-zsa) is almond syrup and also an exotic substitute for simple syrup or grenadine in mixed drinks