Blood Orange Mojito
A fresh twist on the classic mojito, using these beautiful seasonal blood oranges.
- 1-2 ounce Veleiro Blanco (to taste)
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime
- 1 blood orange
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (to taste)
- ½ cup club soda
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Cut blood orange in half, cut off one slice to save for garnish, using the rest for juice.
- In a cocktail mixer, add mint leaves, sugar, and juice of half a lime. Muddle several times to release flavour from mint leaves.
- Add juice from blood orange, rum, crushed ice and finish with soda.
- Garnish with wedge from blood orange and a mint leaf.